Saturday, April 1, 2017

Re: [AskAVet] Colic or ?



Patti  I just saw this email. Have been out of town for a week. How did your gelding turn out?





Joyce aka Mom aka Joycie


On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 11:59 PM, mamasmare@yahoo.com [askavet] <askavet@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

It's been a long time since I've reached out here.  I'm glad you are still here. 

I have a 18 year old gelding that has not been too interested in food today and my roommate told me he was not acting hungry yesterday either.  Poor guy has been through a lot of changes moving from Inland Empire/Perris, CA to Williams, AZ.  Then back after a few months to CA, this time to Joshua Tree.  Finally a week ago I was able to bring him back to the Inland Empire, CA.  He is an arab and just saying, usually very animated and feisty.  Along with not wanting to eat this evening..., he was laying down.  I listened and he has gut sounds and remains calm.  No sweating or rolling around.  No flipping tail etc...  I checked on him 30 minutes later and he is laying on top of his hay.  Still calm and his gums are wet so....I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts they would like to share with me.

A few years back another gelding of mine acted the same way.  With him I noticed he would stand to pee and couldn't.  Turned out he had a pretty good size bean I was able to relieve him of.  Immediately he felt better and within one day he was back to normal.

Anyone else have this happen to them?  I've got a message to my vet this evening so until then I appreciate input.  I usually have some bantamine (sp) on hand but with my recent moves I've left it behind! 

Thanks to anyone who can help me out, Patti.





__._,_.___

Posted by: Joyce O <theoldhen@gmail.com>



__,_._,___